Thursday 8 January 2009

Tips for Eye Liners

How To apply Liquid Eyeliner

I've been asked many times on youtube and blospot on how I do my eyeliner so immaculatly. Well all I can say is you require the two main things :
  1. Steady Hands
  2. Patience
If it does not all go well at first, not to worry! the line does not always have to so be perfect! to get it neat and perfect start again!,to be brutally honest even I sometimes make minor mistakes here and there.You can also try drawing out an outine with a black eye pencil eye liner and neatly follow along the lines. :)

Here are the steps:

Apply eyeshadow base to the lids. This will prevent the makeup from smudging

When you are first learning how to apply liquid eyeliner, apply regular eyeliner with a light touch. Then you can go over it with the liquid liner. The benefit of this is that the line will already be drawn.

When it is time to apply the liquid eyeliner, prep the liner by making sure there is enough liquid in the brush.

Start with the top lid. With a light touch, apply the liner starting at the inside corner and working outwards.

Instead of trying to apply it all in one long line, it works best if you actually draw several smaller lines. However, as you practice more, you will find the best method for you.

Make sure you let the eyeliner dry thoroughly before applying more eye makeup or even blinking

1 comment:

MakeupBliss said...

Thank You so much for putting this on here! I have been having the hardest time getting my liquid eyeliner to go on flawlessly because I'm use to cream liners..I'm gonna try small strokes next time instead of one line.